Outdoor floor graphics are a creative way to attract customers and to market your business offerings. They are eye-catching and give you the flexibility of designing them as per your business’s needs. They are also very easy to clean and have a high slip and wear resistance.
What are the Necessary Tools that you need?
Applying these floor graphics and stickers might sound easy but, you should learn the right way of installing outdoor floor graphics. Different types of the floor types require different methods of application. You must have some knowledge of vinyl installations, but luckily, this blog post can help you learn!
Read on to learn about the installation of outdoor floor graphics:
Before the installing any outdoor floor graphics, you need to clean the surface area thoroughly. The following are some necessary tools that you will need for the preparation and installation:
How to Prepare Surface Prior to Installation?
- Broom, cleaning products or rubbing alcohol
- Masking tape
- A pair of scissors
- A squeegee
The adhesive will only stick if the surface is clean and smooth. Avoid areas that have cracks, dirt or debris otherwise the graphics will not adhere properly. For concrete surface areas, use some rubbing alcohol to remove any silicon coatings.
How to Install Floor Graphics?
For other surfaces, you can clean the floor in a conventional way with cleaning products. Avoid using any strong cleaning products though.
After you are done cleaning, dry the floor thoroughly. Once the surface is completely dry, check one more time before installation to ensure there is no dirt or grease on the surface.
It is best to round off the corners of outdoor floor graphics as the edges are more prone to damage. Another thing to remember is to never stick the sides of the graphics on the grout lines of any tiles. Now, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Place the graphic on the flat surface of a clean floor.
- Stick the middle part of it on the floor with some masking tape.
- Fold back one end of the floor graphic and peel it back from the liner or the backing paper.
- Cut off the peeled parts of the liner with the scissors.
- Starting from the middle, use the squeegee from the center to the edge of the graphic. Then squeegee from the middle to the other corner of the graphic. Continue doing this until half of the graphic is securely in place.
- Remove the tape from the middle and fold back the other half of the graphic.
- Peel back the remaining part of the graphic from the liner
- Squeegee the remaining portion of the graphic in the same way as you did earlier.
After installing the outdoor floor graphics, make sure no one walks over it for at least 5-6 hours to give the adhesive enough time to hold on to the floor. With some usual cleaning and maintenance, you can benefit from this marketing tool for a very long time.